Caring about your wellbeing and safety is paramount.
Take the time to review your travel needs during this “new normal” of travelling during Covid-19.
Travelling during a pandemic (with updated links)
Please always consult with your local embassy and medical advisory for any travel. With ever changing travel restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we advise to take a safe, stringent and practical approach to any immediate or future travel.
What to know about omicron, the new COVID-19 variant in South Africa (Yahoo News)
How To Stay Safe on a Flight (Independent)
Air Travel and COVID-19 (International Air Transport Association, IATA)
What you will need
TRAVEL UPDATE (28 MAY 2022)
The majority of African and worldwide countries have officially removed their requirements for fully vaccinated travellers to obtain a PCR Test Certificate for entry.
Please travel safe and ensure you are updated prior to your travel arrangements. Better Safaris will do our upmost to keep you informed and updated prior to confirming any booking.
Additional requirements may also be in place for travellers. For Kenya travel the Kenyan Government requires all travellers to complete a Passenger Locator Form online prior to departing their home countries.
Be prepared for additional rapid testing (such as temperature checks and rapid antigen testing) upon arrival into all countries. We advise to arrive to airports earlier than usual to ensure additional security and protocols may be carried out.
What are safari camps doing?
Some of the excellent steps taken by safari camps to ensure your health & safety , include;
- Regular staff and guide briefing on covid-related procedures
- Increased frequency of cleaning & sanitising of main guest public areas
- Each guest room has a dedicated housekeeper
- Sanitised game drive vehicles, before/after game drives
- Mask use by all safari camp staff and guests (in public areas), including dining servers
- Guests and staff are encouraged to reduce their personal contact
- Camp check-in procedure is done with no inter-person contact
- Meal times are outdoors (weather permitting) and game drive picnics are encouraged (and excellent)
- Travellers are recommended to carry their own refillable water bottle
- Safari camp staff and local airline/transfer crew are fully vaccinated (vaccination rate is increasing daily)
- Covid testing (including PCR tests) available to guests, either in-camp (additional cost) or at local clinics
What we offer
As part of our commitment to our clients, Better Safaris commit to;
- At a minimum; Should your travel be interrupted due to any further outbreak of Covid-19, that results in flight cancellations and/or borders closing to travellers and our customers being unable to travel, Better Safaris will permit a complimentary change of date to their itinerary to any date within 24 months from their original departure date.
- Helping you further; Better Safaris will extend a goodwill refund of their booking value, or payment made, less bank processing fees and subject to our suppliers permitting such refunds due to a customer’s inability to travel as expected due to any further outbreak of Covid-19. This refund policy is dictated by our suppliers and their terms & conditions shall override that of Better Safaris.
- Above all; We will take care of you by providing accurate assistance before, during and after your travel. Better Safaris remain in constant contact with our safari camps and ground operators, which allows us to deliver prompt information and assistance to our clients and when we can’t (for example, whilst you are on the road or on safari), our colleagues, suppliers and ground suppliers are well equipped to take care of you. You’re in safe hands.
As a small company and as a tourism industry as a whole, your tourism “dollars” are vital for local employment, charity projects and conservation projects. Postponing your travel, rather than cancelling, is a fantastic way to maintain your planned vacation to Africa, and help maintain a source of income to Africa.
If you have any hesitancy
We’re passionate about travel and Africa, but we are equally passionate about taking care of you. We understand how life can hit us when we least expect it, so we are always here to help.